Friday, May 25, 2012

In Pictures: May 2012

May was a busy month! Now that's it's finally getting warm here, events are stacking up like crazy. We've had something going every weekend in May, and the same is true halfway through June.  Here's what we've been up to--I hope to make this a regular feature on the blog if everyone enjoys it! :)


My first attempt to make fruit leather. Lesson learned--when the recipe says use microwaveable plastic wrap, use microwaveable plastic wrap, not foil. The foil stuck to the pan and it took me two days of soaking the pan to get it all off. :/
 

Paper lanterns that I hung above my desk! :)
 

Fishing--and not catching anything.
 

My friend Elyse and me on our way down to Green Bay for the weekend!
 

Elyse playing her new electric violin--which sounds awesome.
 

Fog! 
 

Rock-climbing--first time ever outdoors. It's awesome!
 

Justin and I took a day to ourselves and went hiking in a beautiful gorge about a half hour away from Marquette. This is part of the river that ran along the bottom of the gorge
 

And this was the falls we hiked in to see. Beautiful!
 

  
We ate lunch on this overlook, beside that tree--three hundred foot cliffs right below us


 Us at the falls! I has a handsome hubby! :)


  
 The ore dock in the rain



Mudding, a Yooper special. :) My friend Kala and her daughter got very, very stuck in this wonderful mud pond. So did Justin & I--my Jeep was buried in mud past the bottoms of the doors. Thankfully Mitch & Elyse have a winch on their mudding truck and they were able to pull us all out.

The first Italian soda of the year!
 

Highlighting my own hair...it doesn't look too bad, but it was a harrowing process

My friends Elyse and Alexa finishing their 13.1 mile half-marathon in Green Bay. You rock, ladies! :D

June looks to be filled with a tea party, playing music at the veteran's home, some canoeing/kayaking, and a 50-mile bike ride...thus far. We'll see what else ends up happening!

**DON'T FORGET! There's a giveaway going for e-copies of Gregory J. Down's "Brother Thief", first in the "Song of the Aura" series. Enter on this post!**

3 responses:

Kat Heckenbach said...

Glad to see I wasn't the only one running like crazy in May! You're a step ahead of me, though. I've only *just* downloaded my pics. The thought of posting a blog at this point about our activities still makes me exhausted...

Love the photos. I wish we had places to hike around here! Florida is so flat and sandy :P.

Lostariel said...

Mudding. Poor Yooper suckers. :)
I didn't know electric violins existed.

Mary Ruth Pursselley said...

Ooh... the pictures of the gorge and the waterfall remind me of scenes from Narnia - like when Trumpkin and the Pevensies are hiking from the ruins of Cair Paravel to meet Prince Caspian. Very cool.

Translate

All blog content copyrighted 2012 by H. A. Titus