Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Big News

OK, so remember the Big News I said I had on Monday? Well, it's actually two pieces of big news. I just forgot to mention that it came in two parts.

Part 1: Laura Elizabeth guessed it...I'm going to have a baby! I'm about a month along, right in the midst of morning sickness and tiredness and "Oh, I feel like eating this..." then I smell and it change my mind. That's why I haven't gotten a ton of writing done in the last two weeks. My hubby and I are super excited!!! :D So, another Titus will be entering the world sometime in September--should give the rest of you guys enough time to prepare for the craziness that will ensue. ;)

Part 2: This one is slightly longer, just because it's a little more complicated. :) Several of the cyber-friends I've made this year have been/are involved with the blog New Authors Fellowship. It's a great place where those in the writing industry come to hang out and read great blog posts by talented unpublished authors. Well, as each author gets published, they move to the "granny flat" of being an alumni and no longer posting on the blog, and a new Featured Author moves into the spot. I've interviewed a couple of the alumni (Rebecca P. Minor and Kat Heckenbach) on my blog.

My friend Diane M. Graham contacted me a couple of weeks ago, asking about Half Blood and my writing. I was flattered that a writer I look up to was asking me about that. Then she told me that since she was moving on (her first novel, I Am Ocilla, publishes in March) she needed to find a replacement for her at NAF...and I was her pick!!! (Thank you so much, Diane!!)

I was shocked. And extremely flattered. I've looked up to the folks at NAF for a while now, so being asked to join their ranks was a huge thing! :)

So, starting within a couple of weeks, I will no longer be posting here at Magical Ink much. I'll still probably do my book reviews and a few other posts every now and again, but look for me weekly at NAF on Wednesdays! :) You can read the introduction post that Keven, the admin of the site, wrote here.

Oh yeah, and the alumni are starting a reader-oriented blog, The Cheesecake Thickens. So be sure to hop over there too--all those authors are pretty amazing!

(And, sorry to miss my normal Wednesday review...I'm rearranging my blogging schedule, so I'll let you know when I plan to resume those.)

6 responses:

Diane said...

I am thrilled that you are the gal taking my beloved Wednesday slot. I know you will do it justice. Congratulations on the most important news of baby Titus. :D

Lady Clare said...

Congratulations!!! On both counts. ;) That is SO exciting about the baby!!!! I'm so happy for you! Be sure to post pictures when the baby is born (which I realize won't be for awhile, but I get super crazy about this sort of thing)! Just think about how being a writer has given you so many wonderful stories to tell the baby when he/she gets older....

Laura Elizabeth said...

Congratulations, Heather! That's so exciting :D Are ya'll going to do an ultrasound to see if it's a boy or a girl?

Kyleigh said...

I was thinking that was your suprise. YAAAAAY! :)

Lostariel said...

Congratulations on both counts!!

H. A. Titus said...

Diane: Thank you for your confidence! :)

Lady Clare: Of course I'll post pictures! :)

Laura Elizabeth: Yep, we'll find out if its a boy or girl. I can't wait nine months to find out!

Kyleigh: :)

Lostariel: Thanks!

Translate

All blog content copyrighted 2012 by H. A. Titus