Monday, January 30, 2012

January's Writing Update

My apologies for a late post! It's been an interesting couple of weeks, and I'd completely forgotten that I had nothing scheduled for today.

January has been a long, but busy, month. I sent out a short story to Othersheep Magazine, and in reply was asked to rewrite the story and collaborate with my Falls the Shadow co-writers for a couple of steampunk stories in the magazine and a joint interview! :) The moral of this story is, always put blog links in your signature--you never know what editors will click on and find interesting. Another short story, Malfunction, is now finished and part of a braided novel put together by Andrea Graham.

Forged Steel is only a few thousand words from completion. I wanted to finish it by last Friday, but as I said, it's been a crazy couple of weeks, so I was a bit behind schedule. I hope to finish it, at latest, by tomorrow night, so I can start work on the revisions of Dreamwalkers and Half Blood and the first draft of Bargain with an Elf in February.

I was also asked by my friend Pauline Creeden to contribute some stories to an anthology she's putting together. Space Wings fits her word requirements, so I'm definitely sending that one, and I also plan to rewrite (yet again) Bound to Dance to see if I can make any improvements and shorten it some.

There's one more big thing I'm extremely excited about, but I don't know if I can reveal it just yet or not. It's big, though--not publishing-a-book big, but very big nonetheless. Check back--I should be able to tell soon. ;)

In February for longer works, I hope to get back into rewriting Half Blood, get at least a third of Bargain with an Elf written, and finish revision 1 of Dreamwalkers. For shorter works, I want to revise Space Wings and Bound to Dance and get those to Pauline, and send in Gears, Grease, and a Little Bit of Magic to the magazine Residential Aliens.

How has your January gone?

4 responses:

Lostariel said...

Sounds like you're having the time of your life! Cool stuff. I don't feel nearly as accomplished, but I do love what I'm writing. Ah, I'd better put together my own blogpost sometime soon. We'll see. :)

Kat Heckenbach said...

Sounds like some exciting stuff! Awesome.

Big news, eh?

(sly grin....)

Carin Marais said...

Wow, you've really been busy! Can't wait to see what the big news is.

Laura Elizabeth said...

I bet I know: you're going to have a baby?

Translate

All blog content copyrighted 2012 by H. A. Titus