Monday, January 9, 2012

Adventures to Come, Memories to Follow

I think that ever since my 16th birthday, I've been saying, "Wow! That was the best year ever!" I said it often during 2011.

2010 was a transition year--getting married, moving to Michigan. It was wonderful. I wouldn't trade it for anything. But 2011? It was amazing.

We got to know some more people in the area, especially those from our church. We got to share our courtship story and became honorary members of the teen group. :) We made some close friends who challenged and continue to challenge us, both spiritually and physically (they're the ones who introduced us to jetskiing--the best summer sport ever!). Our marriage continued to grow and deepen in ways that are beyond me.

My writing seemed to click in last March. My learning curve this year has been steep and crazy, but I've never been so pleased with what I'm turning out, how much I'm learning, and the ideas that I've been getting. 9 short stories published this year! :D

There are certain things I'm never going to forget this year:

*Inadvertently jumping a big wave in Lake Superior the second time I went jetskiing

*Swimming around Presque Isle to explore the sea caves

*Biking down to the icecream shop at least once a week with my husband

*My sister visiting me for an entire week

*Writing a 23,000 word novella in 3 months

*Justin doing an accidental wheelie on a dirt bike :)

*Camping with a church group/watching the moonrise over the lake with a young friend/fourwheeling to the tip of the Keeweenaw in my new Jeep with Justin/playing Capture the Flag at night in an old Civil War Fort/hearing a teen friend telling another teen, "I know Mr. and Mrs. Titus aren't teens--but they're cool!" :)

*Having a friend text me and demand to know something about Falls the Shadow.

*Falling flat on my face into the river because the kayak moved while I was trying to get in.

And I'm looking forward to all the adventures next year. More writing, more jet-skiing, learning how to rock-climb, kayaking, more bonfires on the beach...

BRING IT ON, 2012! ;)


***Psssst! Don't forget! I'm running a giveaway of Kat Heckenbach's MG/YA novel Finding Angel. If you haven't entered already, it's super easy (and well worth a few minutes)! Find the full details here! The contest ends on the 18th.

0 responses:

Translate

All blog content copyrighted 2012 by H. A. Titus