Monday, February 21, 2011

"Write" Happenings ;0)

I honestly can't believe it's the end of February 2011 already. So much has happened since Christmas that I'm not really sure where to start.

Uh, let's see...I went tubing, for the first time in my life, with our church group. I'm now spoiled because tubing with a rope tow to pull you back up the hill is, as my friend Judy put it, "the Cadillac of sledding".

Justin and I just got back from Oklahoma. He had a week of training and we also got to see family. They were too short visits that really made me miss Missouri, no matter how much I love Michigan.

I went skiing for the second time and felt like I was actually gaining some control over those cumbersome waxed boards. Skiing has become, for me, an analogy of the writing life. Most of the time I feel like I'm barrelling down a steep slope with no control, praying that I won't crash and that I make it down in one piece. Then, something clicks, and I suddenly feel like I've got it--until I try to stop and end up doing a 180 and skiing backward before crashing head over heels.

So far this year I feel like everything's clicking. I've written 12,000 words in a novella entitled Dreamwalker, and a 3,000 word short story that I now have to rewrite in the proper tense. That was my 180-and-crash, but thankfully it didn't cripple me. And thank you to Mary, who's responsible for bringing me down to earth. ;0) I have Half Blood to edit and another novel to write, as well as at least two editing projects for friends, and a collaborative novel with Mary and LoriAnn that we're very excited about. And lots and lots of book and movie reviews.

Speaking of...I might up the number of reviews I'm doing, at least for a little while. There are still a few movies I want to review, and I've begun reviewing books for Waterbrook Multnomah and Splashdown Books, as well as finishing my four-book commitment to Marcher Lord Press. Also, watch out! I have at least one author interview in the works. It's gonna be great!

I'm trying some new things on my blog as well...namely, being more "myself" instead of trying to be all authoritive-sounding and teacher-ish when I blog about writing fantasy. We'll see how that goes. My blog's been in existence for almost two years and I figure it's about time to start figuring out what I'm supposed to be writing about. By the way, thank you to everyone who's stuck with me on reading this blog...hopefully it will now start making sense. ;0)

2 responses:

Mary P said...

I'm currently in the process of trying to get my writer's life back in order too, Thea, so we can fight it out and pull 180-and-crashes together : )
Love the new blog layout, btw!

Heather said...

Sounds good, Mary.

And thanks. It took me long enough to find one that I liked and that worked...all my first choices made the layout go funky.

Translate

All blog content copyrighted 2012 by H. A. Titus