Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 In Retrospect

What did I learn this year?

1) Marriage is fun, wonderful, challenging, and hard, and I wouldn't change it for anything else!

2) Justin is so willing to help me with every aspect of my life that he'll listen to me rant for an hour about how my novel isn't working out, then sit down and help me figure out how to fix it. How did I manage to marry such an amazing guy?!?

3) Because my husband is so sweet, I'll do anything for him...including clamping the lid on my fear of heights and letting him push me out of my comfort zone. It's always good to have such a person in your life, yes? :0)

4) Facebook does have practical uses.

5) Apparently it is possible to write a novel on Twitter.

6) Just because you get an offer of publication doesn't mean that it's good for you or in God's plan for you.

7) Parkboard softball has harder rules than adult softball.

8) Despite what everyone says, planning a wedding can be relatively stress free and an enjoyable experience!

9) Just when I think I'm getting it, life/God/writing/marriage/insert-whatever-you-wish-here will throw me another curveball, and that's the only thing I can count on to be consistent in life, besides the love from my husband, family, and God.

10) Living in Michigan is just as cold as I thought it would be, but it's starting to make me wish that our families could move up here!

11) Dumping an egg white into the kitchen sink, then running hot water to wash it down the drain, only succeeds in in cooking the egg white to the bottom of the kitchen drain. :0)

2 responses:

Anonymous said...

Love it, Heather! And by the way, I've felt very mopey ever since ya'll headed back to MI. :D
Hannah

Galadriel said...

I think I'll do one of these too.

Translate

All blog content copyrighted 2012 by H. A. Titus