First, list twelve favorite characters, then answer the questions below.
1. Rindar (Lonoma's Map)
2. Lauren Holbrook (The Lauren Holbrok series)
3. Thomas Hunter (The Circle Trilogy)
4. Jason Bourne (The Bourne Trilogy)
5. Eowyn (LOTR)
6. Kale Allerion (The Dragonkeeper Chronicles)
7. Mr. Tumnus (The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe)
8. Einar Nightsword (my character, Nightsword)
9. Elizabeth Bennett (Pride and Prejudice)
10. Brehlia Zulfyr (another of my characters, Daybreak)
11. Sterling "Mac" McRae (Expect the Sunrise)
12. Kieran (The Restorer's Son)
1. Who would make a better college prof, 6 or 11?
Oh brother. Kale could teach dragon care 101, or Mac could teach me undercover tactics. Hmm…tough call. Probably Mac, cause he'd be more organized and level-headed than Kale.
2. 12 sends 8 out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed?
So Kieran sends Einar out on a mission? How does that work? Both of them are do-it-yourself type of guys. But that doesn't answer the question. I guess that Kieran would send Einar out to contact his buddy Tristan about some kind of trouble he's gotten in, because he's been banished from Lyric and can't blow his cover with the king of Hazor anyway. Even though Councilmember Cameron's thugs are in the way, Einar would get through because he's a former assassin.
3. What is or what would be 9's favorite book?
Elizabeth Bennett enjoys many books—I'd say that if she lived in modern day, her favorite book would have to be something by Dee Henderson—featuring a cool guy, a pretty, witty girl, and lots of danger. So, say, The Guardian.
4. Would it make more sense: for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around?
LOL...Lauren would swear fealty to Kale, definitely. Kale wouldn't like it, but Lauren would be so wowed by Kale's magic and dragon-handling skills that she'd do it in a heartbeat—as long as Kale promised to magically make coffee for her.
5. For some reason, 5 is looking for a roommate. Should (s)he room with 9 or 10?
Eowyn wants to room with Elizabeth or Brehlia? Hmm…. Eowyn would probably do OK with either one. Elizabeth's sarcastic wit would make her laugh, and she'd appreciate the struggles Brehlia goes through.
6. 2, 7 and 12 are going out to dinner. Where do they go and what do they discuss? Lauren, Mr Tumnus, and Kieran. Hmm. Could be interesting. They'd probably go to an Italian restaurant. Lauren and Kieran would like spicier food and Tumnus would appreciate the fine wines. Lauren would want to talk about coffee and the latest update on her hypochondriac dad. Kieran would want to talk about wars. Tumnus would want to talk about books with maybe a mention of the war he's been in. Basically, I think Lauren would get mad at Kieran for being so serious, Kieran would smart-mouth back, then they'd refuse to talk to each other, and the whole evening would be ruined.
7. 3 challenges 10 to a duel, who wins?
Thomas against Brehlia. Um, Thomas. No question. Breh's a Judge, not a Warrior.
8. If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, would (s)he get it back?
If Rindar stole Einar's most precious possession, he has no chance. Einar could track him down and defeat him in a heartbeat.
9. Suggest a story title in which 7 and 12 both attain what they desire.
Tumnus and Kieran? Brother. Tumnus wants to live in peace and Kieran wants to bring Hazor to the One. Maybe The Faun of Hazor?
10. What kind of plot device would you have to use if you wanted 1 and 4 to work together?
Jason Bourne and Rindar? Hmm. A murder. Rindar would be suspected of murdering someone, and Jason helps him hide and figure out the culprit.
11. If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would it go?
Awesome! Tumnus and I could have so much fun discussing books and Narnia. I'd be hyperactive for weeks afterward thinking about everything we'd discussed.
12. If you could command 3 to perform any service or task for you, what would it be?.
Thomas! Give up your secret and let me know how you travel between Earth and Otherworld!! LOL…also, while you're at it, make me a Forest Guard captain and introduce me to Michal and Gabil.
14. If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, what side would (s)he choose?
If Lauren had to choose sides between Eowyn and Jason Bourne, it'd be a toughie. She'd like Eowyn because of Eowyn's attitude, but she'd like Jason because of his movies. Probably Eowyn, because essentially (I think) Eowyn and Lauren both believe in God and Jason doesn't.
15. What might 10 shout out while charging into battle?
16. If you had to choose a song to best describe 8, what would it be?
Oooh, perfect! I pick songs to describe characters all the time!! But for Einar… "Without You (I'm Not Alright)" by Article One, "Torn" by All Star United, and "Set Me Free" by Casting Crowns.
17. 1, 6 and 12 are having a dim sum at a Chinese Restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets it?
That's easy—Kieran. Kale would be too distracted wondering about her dragons and Bardon, and Rindar might make a snatch at it, but Kieran would intimidate Rindar (that is, if Kieran wanted it in the first place, which I doubt).
18. What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
Eowyn would be arrested for disturbing the peace by riding her horse through the streets and yelling Rohirrim battle cries
19. What is 6's secret?
Kale loves Bardon!!
20. If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
Elizabeth wouldn't race anyone, so Mac.
21. If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, who would you feel more comfortable walking with, 7 or 8?
Mr. Tumnus or Einar? Definitely Einar. The guy has tons of weapons.
22. 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them,but it is later discovered that s/he is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
Translation: Rindar and Elizabeth Bennett team up to save the world from the threat posed by Jason Bourne's sinister secret organization. Mac volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he is actually a spy for Jason. Meanwhile, Jason had kidnapped Kieran to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of Eowyn, they seek out Thomas Hunter, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
OK, first off, what's Jason Bourne and Sterling McRae doing on the bad guys' side?!? Secondly, how in the world did Kieran let himself get kidnapped?
Those are my story questions. Brother, and what story questions they are!!
OK, so Jason and Mac have teamed up…aside note, these guys could definitely be lethal together if they could get along…to destroy the U.S. secret intelligence operations. Mac has enough knowledge to do so and Jason has a grudge because he still doesn't know exactly what's been done to him.
Rindar and Elizabeth accidentally find out about it, as Jason asked Rindar's best friend Minxa to be a spy and Minxa tells Rindar everything. Elizabeth is dragged into it when Rindar comes to the local library and asks for books about the CIA, FBI, and NSA and she happens to overhear him.
Minxa finds out what they're doing, he tells Jason, and Jason quickly sends Mac to keep an eye on them (they don't know that Mac's part of it yet because Minxa only dealt with Jason). Jason also shuts Minxa up, permanently.
Rindar also asks Kieran to help them because he's an expert in international intrigue (sort of). Mac knows that Kieran is the real threat to him and Jason, so he blows his cover and kidnaps Kieran (drugging him to do so, because Kieran doesn't go down without a fight). When he and Mac are safely hidden away with Kieran, Jason videotapes himself threatening Kieran and sends it to Elizabeth and Rindar, with instructions to give up their quest.
Rindar almost backs down, but Elizabeth convinces him to be stubborn. They find Eowyn and she suggests they look up Thomas Hunter. Upon asking Thomas to help, he goes to sleep, visit Otherworld, convinces Michal and Gabil to tell him about the outcome of this situation in the Books of History, and returns saying that as long as they find out something about Jason's past, then he'll give up the fight. Oh yes, and don't worry about Mac. He's really an undercover agent keeping an eye on Jason with instructions to arrest him if he goes nuts.
Armed with that knowledge, they visit the CIA office in Washington D.C. After convincing the CIA that their information is correct (and that yes, people from Tessamandria and 17th century England DO work together sometimes), the CIA gets in touch with Jason and gives him the information he wants.
Jason gives Mac the slip and disappears. Mac releases Kieran and apologizes to him, Elizabeth and Rindar. They celebrate in the Bennett's house and receive a message from Jason letting them know that after things settle down, they'll see him again. THE END.
Title: The Bourne Threat
This makes me curious to try this story now…LOL. Just kidding.