Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Adventures and Writing

I wish that my body would just pick a few days to be stuffed up and miserable instead of this on-again, off-again annoyance. Allergies...grrrr.

On the brighter side, Justin and I took a fall tour yesterday. Everything up here is beautiful! We spent 12 hours yesterday taking pictures and seeing how pretty the Keeweenaw Peninsula and the Porcupine Mountains are! I really want to go back to the Porkies for a couple of days to hike and camp. We stopped in Copper Harbor for supper at the Harbor Haus restaurant. It's expensive, but if you're ever in Copper Harbor, I totally recommend it! (And when you order your side salad, the sun-dried tomato basil dressing is the best!). I had shrimp and scallop penne pasta with basil pesto--yummy!

For writing, I have some big news: I'm going to be published!! Finally, I can say, "I'm an author" without feeling guilty. The article will be coming out in November--I'll post a link.

Nightsword has been on hold since the beginning of this month. But, the short story that I'm submitting for Port Yonder Press's Elves anthology is in the hands of my first readers/editors. We'll see how much they maul it. ;0)

Also, Half Blood is coming along very well--I'm almost finished with chapter 3 for the rewrite. One or two more chapters to go, then I can start my substantive edit. I'm really pleased with how Jevran's character is rounding out, and I have deepened the mystery surrounding why Varian never learned about the Highlands.

And for those of you who are on Facebook--good news! I'm in the process of creating a Facebook like page. Yes, even though a couple of years ago I said I wasn't going to. There are pros and cons, of course, but with well-regulated posting times (just as I've regulated the blog posting times), I think it may turn out to be a good thing. I'll let everyone know when the page is up and running.


1 responses:

Galadriel said...

We should start a support group "Allergic Writers." It stinks, doesn't it?

Translate

All blog content copyrighted 2012 by H. A. Titus