Monday, May 24, 2010

Adventures

Sorry about not posting last week, it kind of skipped my mind!

Today is a very warm 90 degrees in the UP. I've spent my day trying to stay cool. It was easy this morning! Justin & I went to the beach for the morning. It was a lot of fun! But COLD! The water was about 50 degrees. Needless to say I won't be swimming much until its warmed up! :0)

I thought I'd share some of our adventure pictures today. Enjoy!




Looking over the town of Copper Harbor in the Keweenaw Peninsula

Me standing next to the marker for the Keweenaw's record snowfall--32 feet!!

Going down Brockway Mountain...would this sign make you nervous? :0)


The view on the east side of Brockway Mountain

The view on the west side of Brockway Mountain

A neat bridge we stopped at on the way to Brockway Mountain

This bridge runs over a canal in Houghton, made so ships don't have to go all the way around the Keweenaw Peninsula. It was kind of a scary bridge--the main part over the water was made of grating, so if I looked out the window and down, I could see the canal through the grating!

Looking off the shore of Miner's Beach, our favorite beach.


This river runs close to Miner's Beach. Isn't the sandstone carved into cool patterns?


Forest on one side, beach on the other. Can you believe that's just a lake?


Justin's grilling at Miner's Beach


Us at Sugarloaf Mountain


The view from the ski lift on Marquette Mountain.


Justin celebrating the fact that we made it down the mountain alive


Me being...my usual self.


Sunset off Sugarloaf Mountain.


Watching the sunset of Sugarloaf Mountain.
View of Little Presque Isle and Presque Isle at the end of March. The frozen-over bays were the coolest thing to see--and when you were close to the lakeside edge of the ice, you could hear the waves moving it.

4 responses:

Galadriel said...

Very pretty pictures.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are really neat and so beautiful. Thanks for sharing them. It looks like you all are having a great time!

R.

Limwen said...

These are great pictures! I especially love the one with the record snowfall marker...crazy! :D (Wish we would get snowfalls like that sometime....)
Oh and the one where you fell down with your skies...that's hilarious. Mostly because that's totally something I would do. ;D

Mary Hawkins said...

The last two were my favorites. The very last one was absolutely gorgeous!

Translate

All blog content copyrighted 2012 by H. A. Titus