Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Musings of an Almost-Married Author

I'm halfway in shock--good shock, mind--as I type this. Because it's almost here! I have a little under two weeks to go until I'm married!!!!!

As I look back at this year, I laugh. Justin and I thought we were so much in love at the beginning of last year. And we were, don't get me wrong--but now, our love has matured and grown like I'd never imagined it could before. This last summer was tough, but I will always treasure it for the lessons it taught me.

And even though they haven't happened yet, I'm treasuring the times ahead. Wow! There's so much to think about and do in the next couple of weeks. My dress is hemmed and at the cleaners right now to be de-wrinkled. I have Justin's wonderfully man-sized ring tucked away in my dresser drawer awaiting March 6th. Oh yeah, and a little tip from the inside: buy stock in Great Value brand pineapple sherbet. :0) Mom and I are buying sherbet for the punch--we need about 20 tubs of it, and so far we've bought two Wal-Marts out of it and only have 12! :0)

Flowers are set, decorations are set--my poor mom is about ready to forgo basket-weaving for the rest of her life, I think. She was awesome and made 16 different baskets for the wedding and reception decorations. I love my parents! Of course my dad is playfully grumbling about looking forward to the end of the wedding because he'll finally get his wife back.

And for those wondering, yes, we're stressing--a little. Mostly though I think we're doing well and keeping up with our planning.

Once we get back to Michigan, I know that Justin and I'll have a great time--I'm looking forward to going places together and doing things with him--but most of all I'm looking forward to just being with Justin and being his wife.

I'm so thankful that God blessed me with Justin and the prospect of a life with him. Justin's amazing in his support, encouragement and godliness. I'm definitely looking forward to living life with him!

So, this will be the last Magical Ink post until April 5th. Then I will be back at it, and we'll see what I come up with then to talk about! Have fun chattering amongst yourselves for the month of March.

God bless!

8 responses:

Hannah said...

AH! Congratulations and God Bless! :)

Kyleigh said...

Well, I'm quite sad you'll be gone for over a month, but as long as you post pictures you're more than forgiven 'cuz some things are more important than blogging. :)
I'm so excited for you! :) (and am praying for you both!).

Limwen said...

Oh, goodness gracious!! It's really only less than two weeks away?? You must be so excited! :D I'm so happy for you both...I'll be praying on March the 6th! :) That's the day before my mom's birthday...
Well, enjoy those preparations -- don't get too stressed out! -- and have a beautiful, lovely, grace-filled wedding! :D

Anonymous said...

Oh, Heather :) I am so glad for you! I hope that you have a wonderful married life, and that you both grow even closer to each other, and to the Lord. It's only five days, now, as I write this. I hope your'e wedding day is a joyful day, and that it will be one that you can remember with gladness all your life. God bless :-)
Laura

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats =D I hope you both have many happy years together. God bless :)
--Laura Elizabeth

The Traveler said...

God bless and good luck, Heather! Don't forget about us little people once you're a big important married person...lol. Tell Justin he made a good choice. :P

Anonymous said...

Whoops :P I forgot I had posted already, cuz it hadn't shown up.
--Laura

Mary Hawkins said...

*sigh* Congratulations, Heather. LoriAnn and I had our little orchestra writer's conference yesterday, and we both miss you. But I hope you're off to a wonderful start to your married life!
P.S. One of these days, we'll have to think about Daybreak again, ya know. ; )

Translate

All blog content copyrighted 2012 by H. A. Titus