Monday, October 5, 2009

Late To Bed, Late to Rise...

...accomplishes about the same thing as 'early to bed, early to rise' only at different times. ;0)

 

Ahh, the quiet solitude of the night....

 

I think that's when I work best. When the house is so quiet that I'm afraid I'll wake people up with the tapping of my keyboard. When, for the same reason, I stay glued to my computer and don't go gallivanting around in search of a drink, or needing to do laundry or dishes or the million other little things that call. Less distractions, thankfully! :0)

 

Yes, I'm one of those people. Those weird night-owls. The ones who function extremely well after 6 PM. The ones who detest getting out of bed before 11 AM. OK, so that stretches it for me. I usually get up before 10, even. Just don't expect me to fully wake up for a couple of hours, nor expect me to stay awake if the situation is remotely compatible with a nap (i.e., car ride, lull in the conversation, sitting at a table when no one's talking to me, etc).

 

Thank the Lord for giving me my daddy's ability to sleep wherever and whenever! :0)

 

I've never understood how my mom and brother can stand to be morning people. I heard a quote once that said, "Early morning cheerfulness is extremely obnoxious." YES!!! Let me be grumpy until I at least have a hot shower--then you can be as cheerful as you want! :0)

 

Mom always likes me to get up early and get stuff done. I'm of the attitude of, "What? I'd rather work longer into the day, because as long as I stay up late, there's still the same number of hours to get things done in!" Hehehe. No. Not according to my mom! :0) (Love you, Mumsie!)

 

Thank the Lord I'm marrying into a family who understands the late-night, late-morning concept. Although I must admit, Mom's slowly turning from a early-morning person to a sometimes-late-morning person.  And I think I've rubbed off on my friend Mary too. Mwahawhaw-haw-haw-HAW! :0D

 

So, all you late-nighters out there--you rock! And for you morning people--I'm sorry, where did y'all come from?!?!? Just remember, it's not always the early bird that catches the worm...sometimes it's the bird that stays up all night in order to catch the worm!

5 responses:

Tornado Chaser said...

Bravo!!!
Love ya!
Justin

Mary Hawkins said...

You are a riot, Heather!
Yes, you have rubbed off on me a bit ... but just a bit. Most mornings I've written a page and a half while you're still "processing..."
LOL

Nienna II said...

Woohoo!!! Yay for night-owls and their wonderful night-hours!!!

drumofadifferentbeat said...

I'm an early person. It's 7 AM now and I've been up for half an hour, and am wide awake. :) Nobody else is up yet. I think that's what I like most about it, is being up for alone time before everyone else.
I actually start shutting down around 9:30 PM.
Which is why I was so tired and easily teased that last night at camp when we were playing Nertz until 11:30...

Heather said...

Justin: :0) <3 u!

Mary: Hey, I have some excuse! Can you say 2:30 AM writers conference AND no glasses/contacts? :0)

Nienna: Yay!!! Although you so beat me...

Kyleigh: How do you do it? I guess really, we both enjoy the same thing--peace and quiet--just at opposite ends of the spectrum. :0) Nertz is fun--if we're thinking about the same thing here, which I'm pretty sure we are...

Translate

All blog content copyrighted 2012 by H. A. Titus