Monday, September 28, 2009

Some BIG News (Hint: Involving a Job and a Ring)

Well everyone, I have two big pieces of news, one of which I saved until the other happened.

First off, Justin got a call a couple of weeks ago from a NOAA weather office which he'd applied to, asking for an interview the very same day. He interviewed a couple of hours later, and they told him right off he had the job.

Getting a job so quickly is rather unusual--one of Justin's weather-buddies told him to expect about a year to get a job and half a dozen to a dozen interviews. So that was truly good, good news!!! :0)

And this weather office is somewhere, admittedly, I never thought about moving--Michigan! The Upper Peninsula, on the shores of Lake Superior, to be exact!!!

It's going to be soooo cold--and soooo much fun! The UP gets enough snow for snowmobiling (which neither of us have done), skiing (which I have never done) and outdoor iceskating! In the summer there are tons of bicycle and four-wheeler trails, plus some good hiking and camping spots. Plenty of stuff for outdoorsy people!! :0)

I think I'm reading y'alls' minds here; you're asking, "So, when are you getting married?" Which brings us to the second big piece of news....

Justin and I are now engaged!!!!!

He proposed last Thursday night (September 24th) at a pretty little park near Springfield. He'd mentioned that he wanted to go on a date, and my parents offered to chaperone us. And then Justin mentioned that we should go to Ritter Springs Park, since my parents had never been there (we'd gone out there once with Hannah).

So we went out there, and as we're walking down to the bridge Justin was talking about all the stuff he needed to get done before Michigan, and how he hoped we'd get engaged before he left but he wasn't sure, he needed to talk to his parents....and when we stopped on the bridge, I looked away for one second. Then I felt this tap on my shoulder.

I turned around and there was Justin on one knee, holding up a ring, asking me to marry him!!! It was SO COOL!!! And so sweet...He's the world's most amazing guy and I love him so, so much!

It truly has been an amazing summer, with our courtship bringing us closer together through hardships, and now we're engaged! Even though I knew it would happen sometime, it was so wonderful to actually have the ring on my finger and to be able to hold hands and to call Justin my fiance.

Love you, Justin...thank you for asking me to share your wonderful, adventurous life with you!

8 responses:

Kyleian said...

YAY! I'm so excited, Heather!
And Lake Superior is amazing! We went camping up on the UP about 6-ish years ago. We went to the shipwreck museum and saw a bunch of stuff from the Edmund Fitzgerald.... then went on a Ferry right away.

Congratulations! :)

Mary Hawkins said...

Hurray! I'm just so excited for you two! Congratulations on the job, the engagement, the fiance, and a gorgeous ring!

Heather said...

Thanks, girls!
Ky: Cool! I know that they have glass-bottom boat ours of old wrecks and stuff, and Justin wants to do that. the shipwreck museum sounds fun!

Kara said...

Oh that's so exciting!!! :D Congratulations to you both! Lol, yeah Michigan wouldn't be the first location in my mind either, but that is so cool. God is amazing! :)

Limwen said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! Congratulations, girl!!!! Woot!! You rock! :D :D :D :D God bless you guys...hope you have a beautiful, beautiful marriage. :)
Hey, you know what you should do? You should invite all the apricotpie people to your wedding!! :D Haha, just kidding. ;) Can you imagine a whole group of nutsy authors all in one place?! Yikes... :P Anyways, best of luck!

Cheers!
-Clare

Heather said...

Thanks Kara and Limwen!
Limwen: Uh-huh, try going to a writer's conference! :0) You kinda get the same feel...but I think homeschooled nutsy authors would be even worse!!! :0D LOL, in a good way.

Nienna II said...

Yay yay yay!! SO excited for you guys :D

Heather said...

Glad you are, Nienna--I'm excited for us guys too! :0D

Translate

All blog content copyrighted 2012 by H. A. Titus