Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Writing Daybreak part 2: My Cast

Mary posted a blog today about her characters in Daybreak, the urban fantasy novel we're co-authoring. So I thought I'd do the same. Check out Mary's blog to get an idea of her characters!

 

~Brehlia: a precise, sarcastic 20-year-old, Brehlia is studying hard to become a Judge, one of the lawmakers of the land. She's driven by a desire to defeat evil. Her family is dead, all from murder, and she wants answers. That's what leads her to meet Shelt and Shelt's fence, Paran.

 

~Linx: Linx used to be a slave/thief, owned by one of the best crimelords in Anjier. But, hating the life that they lead, he and three friends escaped. Through various adventures (soon to be chronicled in Nightfall) they meet up with Mavrik, who convinces them to help him with the Veritas Resistance.

 

~Garrett: Brehlia's brother's best friend, the Warrior Garrett is the only one she feels like she can turn to. He knows and exploits this. He lies to Brehlia and misleads her in her search for answers, because he's convinced that if she knew the truth about him, she'd never forgive him. Plus, he'd have to kill her too, and he really does care enough about her not to want to do that.

 

All these people are fascinating to write about. It amazes me to unfold their story, like watching a flower bud open day after day--there's always new surprises. Just like with any of my characters.

 

OK, now I have to run--Mary just emailed me the 4h chapter in Daybreak. YAY!!!!

5 responses:

Jessica said...

Hi Heather,
Sounds interesting. I'd love to see a Christian urban fantasy. Is this urban or regular? Anyways, I love your short breakdown on the characters.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :-)

Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by mine!!
Glad you enjoyed my breakdown of the characters. One of my last posts was about the storyline. It's super fun for my friend Mary and me to email chapters back and forth.

Jessica said...

So you guys are co-writing, right? That's pretty cool! :-)

Heather said...

Yeah. We alternate chapters--I write the odd-numbered chapters in Brehlia's pov, and Mary writes the even-numbered chapters in her main character's (Shelt) pov.

Heather said...

PS, like your new pic!

Translate

All blog content copyrighted 2012 by H. A. Titus