Friday, May 22, 2009

Justin's Graduation!

Last Saturday was a super exciting day for the Ts and me...Justin graduated from college!!!!
What a long, fun, exhausting day! :0)
They decided to drive up there the day of graduation, and Justin had an honors convocation at 9:00 am...so my mom dragged me out of bed at 4:30 to get ready. Gag. I'm scary in the early, early morning, trust me. The rest of my family was heading out for track Nationals (congrats to Josh and Hannah for their great events) so we all left at 5:00, me driving the GMC into town. I talked to Justin the entire way in cause he wanted to make sure I stayed awake.
So I met them at 5:30, got into the shuttle bus, and tried to sleep on the 3 1/2 hour drive up to Columbia. Didn't work. For some odd reason I couldn't sleep for the longest time. I mean, I was comfy...but for some reason sleep just wouldn't come. Oh yes, and Justin liked my new "I heart my meteorologist" t-shirt...I wore it that day for the first time.
After we got to Columbia, we dropped Justin off at school and ran to his apartment to change into dressy clothes. I conveniently forgot my high heeled shoes and wore my flipflops the entire day. :0)
But then it was cold at the convocation! I was glad I'd had the sense to grab my jacket, but my legs froze. *Note to self-do not wear that dress outdoors in 60-degree weather again unless you have brown leggings to go with it!*
After the convocation, we had Justin's commencement ceremony, which was thankfully indoors and only an hour long! :0) I sat and used my handy little notepad feature on my phone to write a half page in Roliwyn during the speaker's boring, rambly speech. After the commencement we went to Golden Corral for lunch with Justin's grandparents. Then his grandparents wanted to see his apartment, so we went over there for a while.
Then I gave Justin his graduation gifts. I'd say his favorite was the Pet Tornado.
I wish I could get pictures off my phone, cause I took one of him playing with it on the way home. I bet he played with it for 20 minutes! :0D
Oh yes, and on the way home we watched Home Alone 1. Yes, I'd never seen it before. Yes, I know my movie experiences were sadly lacking. Sort of. I cringed every time something happened to someone's feet. Definitely a movie that gets better if you watch it when you're super tired. But it was hilarious in that when my brother Josh was little, I remember people asking if he was...however you spell the kid's name who played Kevin...did I just admit I don't know how to spell something? :0) Anyway, my brother used to look just like Kevin, let's put it that way. So watching the movie was hilarious from that standpoint.
Pictures:
Justin and me

Officially graduated!

I wish I had more pics, but these are pretty good. Someday I'll have to post the family pic. :0)
Now, all that remains to be decided is is Justin goes to grad school or tries to apply for (cross your fingers) a job close by. That's what we want, anyway. It'd be great to stick around our families and friends. But, we'll see what God has in store for us. I'll keep ya updated on that too.

0 responses:

Translate

All blog content copyrighted 2012 by H. A. Titus