Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Welcome to Magical Ink!

Hello y'all!
Glad you stopped by and are reading my site. As my profile notes, I'm a wanna-be-published Christian fantasy author. I'm currently working on three books: The Second Crown (which may be split into 2) is in the stages of a (hopefully) final edit; Roliwyn, the prequel/sequel to The Second Crown (I'll explain the prequel/sequel thing later) is the book that I'm actually writing now; and NightSword, a standalone which is in the middle stages of plotting.
I've been writing seriously every since I was 12 and am just now discovering, unfortunately, how difficult it is to get into the publishing process. But, I recently attended the Jerry B. Jenkin's Writing for the Soul Conference in Colorado Springs, CO, where I made some contacts and am hoping something good comes out of that in a year or so!
I enjoy writing so much...I once read that "most authors enjoy having written..." but I'm one of the ones who enjoys writing, the entire aspect of it. Well, maybe not so much the editing part... :0)
My hope is that this blog will keep y'all posted on what's going on my writing life. My goal within the next two years is to land a book contract. It would've been this year, but amazing things have happened in my life since last November. My family has a pretty cool farm (and house we finished building), so I'm busy with that, plus as I mentioned in my profile, I'm being courted by an amazing guy. His name is Justin, and you can read our courtship story at www.threespringsfarmhouse.blogspot.com, my family's blog. I will probably talk about courtship some on this blog, just to warn you!! :0) Justin's amazing, he's finishing up his last semester of college to become a meteorologist. Yes, I know, creative mind and science mind...opposites definitely attracted in this case!
Anyway, that's all for now. If you're interested in writing, be sure to check out the links on the side under the "Writing Sites" label. They're really good. I hope to see you back!

2 responses:

Jessica said...

Wow! Very cool how young and disciplined you are. I hope you go far with your stories! Congrats on the courtship. :-) What an exciting time.

Tornado Chaser said...

A writers blog! Awesome, especially since you are the best author that I know of! I know you will put some really cool stuff on here.
Love ya!
Justin

Translate

All blog content copyrighted 2012 by H. A. Titus